Tuesday, January 21, 2014

A Heart to Know Him

Today is a perfect winter day to grab a cup of coffee, my Bible and journal and pour out my heart, reflecting on what God has been doing lately.

"I will give them a heart to know me, that I am the Lord. They will be my people, and I will be their God, for they will return to me with all their heart." Isaiah 24:7

This verse hit me this morning. God desires to give me a heart to know Him. I am His daughter, but do I treat Him as my God? I desire to, but do I actually apply that each day when I get up, realizing that I've been given another day to serve Him?

Last night a friend challenged me by saying that God doesn't just want our lives. He wants our hearts. My heart. Do I freely offer Him my heart, knowing that He might use it differently than I'd like Him to? Or do I keep a portion of it closed off with a Do Not Enter sign posted?

I woke up with this song on my heart this morning- Beloved by Tenth Avenue North.



"You're My beloved
Lover I'm yours
Death shall not part us
It's you I died for
For better or worse
Forever we'll be
My Love it unites us
And it binds you to Me
It's a mystery"

My heart continues to be in awe of His love for me. It is indeed a mystery, one that is ever drawing us closer to His heart. Thank You, Abba Father.

2 comments:

  1. Love that Tenth Avenue North Song! Thanks for including it with your thoughts this morning =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You challenge me in so many areas it not even funny! I have way too many construction zones going on right now. Excited to see you Tuesday and to pour our hearts out to each other! LHP

    ReplyDelete