Saturday, March 10, 2012

Marvelous Grace

I'm privileged to be part of a girl's bible study with some of my closest friends.  Here's a picture of us from a few months ago.  :)

Right now, we're doing a book study using the book, Seeking Him- Experiencing the Joy of Personal Revival, by Nancy Leigh DeMoss and Tim Grissom.  It has been really challenging, but good at the same time.  I think I can speak for all of the girls when I say that it's been a growing experience for each one of us!

We just finished a chapter on grace.  I was so excited about this chapter because I just LOVE everything about grace.  How couldn't you?  Just wanted to share of few tidbits and thoughts from what I read.

One of my favorite verses is 2 Corinthians 12:9- "But he said to me, 'My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.'  Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me."  When I'm having a tough day at school, I rest upon the promise that His grace IS sufficient for my every need!

1 Peter 5:10 says, "And the God of all grace, who called you to his eternal glory in Christ, after you have suffered a little while, will himself restore you and make you strong, firm and steadfast."

This verse reminds us that our lives will be affected by some suffering.  It's kind of inevitable.  But don't lose sight of the fact that God will restore us in due time.  Just think of how such experiences will add to your testimony.  When I go through difficult experiences, I try to remember that God's purposes far outweigh my wishes.  Looking back on some of those times, I can see the good that came from them when at that point I could only see the bad. 

God never lets the righteous fall.  We have to remember that His loving arms are always there to hold us up when we feel like we have no strength left to stand.  I had to think of this quote that someone shared with me years ago- "God will never leave you where His grace cannot keep you."

One final quote from our chapter...

"When you are in the furnace, your Father keeps His eye on the clock and His hand on the thermostat."
~ Warren Wiersbe

3 comments:

  1. Love that last quote you shared! Really hit home for me =) Thanks for sharing! Don't you just love Bible studies with friends? =D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen and Amen! :) I've been really enjoying the biblestudy. Looking forward to more craves. ;) And I think we need to take a new picture too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Natalie, I had a feeling you'd appreciate this post! And yes, friend bible studies are the best. Especially when you can share what's on your heart without worrying about it going elswhere.

    Jess, I agree that it's time for a new SPRING picture! :)

    ReplyDelete