Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Upside Down Umbrellas

There are seasons of life in which I feel spiritually dry. And then there are those seasons in which the rains // aka life lessons pour down in abundance upon me. Now is one of those rainy seasons. Instead of using an umbrella to shield myself, I almost feel that I should turn it upside down to collect the droplets in order to savor each one and learn from each lesson.
When I did flip my umbrella upside down, I had to grab a pen and paper to jot down each heart and thought provoking question. Here are some of the things that the Lord revealed to me:

  • -In whom do I place my trust, my security, my faith?
    • In myself or in my Father?
  • If I don't trust Him, feel secure in Him or have faith in Him, what is the root cause?
    • Insert cause here: ________________.
  • What are the idols in my life?
    • How do I remove them and place Christ on His rightful throne once again?

One of the most powerful sermons on idols that I've ever heard is the following one by Timothy Keller titled, "Counterfeit Gods." I highly encourage you to take the time to listen to this video or purchase his book by the same title. It will transform your thinking of what vies for your time, love and attention.

Blessings to you, my friends, as you search your own hearts and extend your own umbrellas.

No comments:

Post a Comment