Tuesday, February 16, 2016

Trusting for today and tomorrow

I’m realizing these days that one of the most important things I can do right now is to trust. Trust that God in His infinite wisdom is sovereign. Trust that His plans are greater than my own. Trust that His timetable is always perfect. He knows what He is doing, even when doubt creeps into my heart. It’s not my desire to doubt my Father in all of His goodness, yet sometimes it just happens. In those moments, it is so important to take every thought captive to make it obedient to Christ (2 Corinthians 10:5.) Instead, I can proclaim aloud God’s promises in His word, both to encourage me and to cause the enemy to flee.

I have Psalms 37:3-7a highlighted in my Bible along with a heading I added- ‘What to do while I’m waiting’: “Trust in the Lord and do good; dwell in the land and enjoy safe pasture. Delight yourself in the Lord and he will give you the desires of your heart. Commit your way to the Lord; trust in him and he will do this: He will make your righteousness shine like the dawn, the justice of your cause like the noonday sun. Be still before the Lord and wait patiently for him…” 

We all go through many, many waiting periods in our lives. They vary from person to person, although sometimes they share similar characteristics. It’s my hope that I can always learn something valuable through the lessons that Jesus teaches me, whether big or small.

 Photo credit to my talented brother, Justin

Also, Isaiah 30:15a- “This is what the sovereign Lord, the Holy One of Israel, says: ‘In repentance and rest is your salvation, in quietness and trust is your strength’…”

Rather than dwelling on the what-if’s, I desire to focus on the what-is and Who is. My Jesus holds me in the palm of His hand. He sees my today and He sees my tomorrow. And that, my dears, is enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment