Tuesday, May 24, 2016

Lately I've been...

Lately I've been...

-Looking forward to the day when Baby M. makes an appearance. Whether we have a little he or she to love on, this little one has already filled a special place in our hearts. Some days the thought of parenting seems oh, so overwhelming and scary, but other days (like today), I'm just really excited. Of course, most-things-baby are on my mind these days so I've been working on a registry, prepping the nursery and doing that thing they call nesting. Hello, thorough cleaning and organizing. I can only imagine how much worse it will get in the next 3 months! But my house & hubby might thank me. :)

24 weeks, my most recent picture :)

-Loving that springtime is finally here (some days!) That means planting flowers, decorating with bright & springy decor, and sitting out on the front porch again. Oh, and garage sales. I've been out most Saturday mornings recently trying to snag some deals for baby and the house. It's always fun because you never know what you're going to find.

Most recent DIY project- a boxwood wreath. Loved how it turned out!

Porch decor

-Enjoying some good books again. Recent favorites have been Hands Free Mama: A Guide to Putting Down the Phone, Burning the To-Do List, and Letting Go of Perfection to Grasp What Really Matters! by Rachel Macy Stafford.

You can read more about it here. I was so challenged by this book and would highly recommend it to anyone who desires to live a more intentional, people-focused life. It's written from a mother's perspective, but can certainly be applicable to anyone.

Another fun book has been DIY Succulents: From Placecards to Wreaths, 35+ Ideas for Creative Projects with Succulents by Tawni Daigle.

Succulents have often intrigued me and this book provides some great info on caring for such plants (for someone like me who needs a little help) as well as adorable craft and decor ideas for the home.

What have been some of your favorite spring activities lately?

2 comments:

  1. Somehow I missed the memo that you are pregnant!! Congrats, girl! :D Motherhood will change your life in the very best possible way. And these last few months of carrying that child in your belly are really so special and yes, a bit endless at times. ;)

    My favorite spring activities are being able to sit outside in the evenings, going for walks with my baby girl, and buying/eating all the fresh produce. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, thanks, Alicia! I never wrote an announcement blog post, but did post on Facebook so maybe that's why you missed it. :) Your posts/thoughts on motherhood have definitely challenged me and I look forward to embracing this new role in the coming months.

    I'm also looking forward to all of the fresh yummy produce!

    ReplyDelete