Monday, June 20, 2016

Why I need More of Jesus in my Life

The other day, I was reminded again that I need more of Jesus in my life. Nothing is guaranteed from day to day- our health, our loved ones, even our homes. In the midst of sadness or trials, Jesus is our sure foundation. His love never fails and His mercies are new every morning.

Why do I need more of Jesus and less of me?

::He is my anchor. I know He is always there when I need to cry out in prayer, bearing my heart and those who are on it. There is nothing more comforting than knowing we don't have to go through difficult circumstances alone.

:: He provides rest. No matter what stage of life you are in, more than likely it is a busy one. We can become so wrapped up in our agendas and schedules that we forget to sit and be still in His presence. I can speak from experience that when I do so, everything else fades away for a time and somehow becomes less important on my to-do list. I've found that for me personally spending some quiet moments with the Lord first thing in the morning is the best way to set my day in the right direction.

::He is my strong tower. When the winds of life blow uncertain, He provides shelter and a sense of peace through the storms. "The name of the Lord is a strong tower; the righteous run to it and are safe." Proverbs 18:10 (NIV)


via

It is my prayer that my capacity for God would continue to grow and I would desire to run to Him first with every need. Would He be my focus, your focus, each new day!

No comments:

Post a Comment