Tuesday, August 2, 2016

Dream Big

Have you ever faced a season in life in which you are called to create a new normal?

That's where I currently find myself. Last week, I said goodbye to my co-workers at my part-time market job. Although I was only there for one year, I established some good friendships and will miss those whom I grew to love during my time there. They were so kind as to throw me a little baby shower/goodbye party complete with balloons, gifts and yummy food.

Now my days are spent at home prepping for baby's arrival in four short weeks. I can't believe it is almost here already! As I think about what my new normal will entail, there are many thoughts that come to my mind. In my new role as a full-time homemaker (at least for the time being), my calling is to create a haven of joy, love and rest for my little family. Sure sounds like a high-calling, doesn't it? To those of you who do this on a daily basis, I bless you for serving your family in this capacity. It may seem mundane to some, but it's a vital role that God has called you to for such a time as this. Embrace it. Enjoy the little moments. Look forward to what God has in store for your future.


I look forward to fulfilling this calling in my own life, but will admit that sometimes I wonder if I'll be content doing the 'keeper of the home' thing. Will it present enough of challenges for me? Will I be satisfied? But then as I thought about this, I realized God is also calling me to anticipate this new experience and dream big. "Dream big? I don't even know how to dream little, God." I've never been one to do a lot of dreaming. Yet somehow, the thought of dreaming even a little brings excitement to my heart. How can I use my God-given gifts, skills and strengths to bless others? I'm not sure I have the answers yet, but I'm anticipating what God will reveal to me as I seek His heart for my future. My encouragement to you, regardless of the season of life in which you find yourself, is to dream. Dream big, dream little. Just dream. Seek the Father's heart in how He wants to use you and in doing so, He'll bless you in ways you can only imagine.

No comments:

Post a Comment