Saturday, December 31, 2016

All about Trust

It's been awhile. I guess that's what happens when you have a baby. {Now 4 months ago!}

Our sweet little Moriah Joy arrived on August 27th, a few days earlier than we were expecting, but that was fine by me!

Moriah- "God is my teacher"
Psalm 32:8- 
"I will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go; 
I will counsel you and watch over you." 
Here is one of my favorite shots from her newborn pictures, taken by my talented brother.

I have learned a lot over the past few months, both about mothering and about myself. You realize how selfish you can be when you have a little person who requires so much of your time and energy. There isn't time for little luxuries and quiet moments of solitude, unless of course, you have a good napper. I don't. :)

Mostly God has taught me much about trust. It seems to be one of those things that you continuously learn, no matter what stage of life you are in. When I was induced, I had to trust things would turn out well, even though it wasn't my ideal scenario. When our little lady was slow in gaining weight, I had to trust that God was in control. When I ended up in the hospital again a week after her birth, I had to trust God's purposes in that experience. When the house was dirty and messy and dishes and laundry were piled up, I had to let go of my perfectionism and expectations. (I still do.) Babies don't stay little forever so I've been trying to be intentional about enjoying moments with her when she's awake. The work can wait.

As I reflect on this past year, it has included many life changes. As one who has always struggled with change, I find myself thankful for each one. There is something about change that causes us to look inwardly to identify why we feel what we feel. Perhaps that's why I always feel so reflective this time of the year as I look at areas where I have grown over the past year and areas where I'd like to be stretched in the upcoming year. I'm so grateful that our heavenly Father is with us every step of the way.

How have you grown this past year? I'd love to hear your thoughts!

No comments:

Post a Comment